Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

SACRIFICIAL WORSHIP. By Kamu Sing

SCRIPTURE
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
Hebrews 13:15-16

OBSERVATION

In this scripture, it says that we are to give praise to God continually. But that as we praise Him it would be a sacrifice of praise. Also in that same sacrificial heart, we are to do good and share with others.

Sacrifice gives a picture of an offering, a giving of something despite any circumstance. What I observe in this passage is that we are to give praise to God as a sacrifice, despite any circumstances that may confront us. Likewise we are to treat others good and share with them despite the circumstances that may confront us.

APPLICATION

I can’t help but think of Sunday morning worship when I hear this. It is as if this Word is yelling at me in direction and encouragement for both me and the worship team, and our congregation who come, to bring our sacrifice of worship. Lately we’ve been so focused on the sound and how loud or soft it is, that we can sometimes forget that despite all the physical obstacles, the Lord desires to meet with us right where we’re at. He doesn’t care about anything else but our hearts and our worship whether or not it does feel like a sacrifice.

Today, it seems that we all need to come back to the heart of worship and begin to realign our focus upward toward our father in heaven, resetting our thoughts to please God no matter what the physical circumstance.

PRAYER

Lord, forgive me for loosing sight of my worship to You. Remind me daily of this sacrifice that You desire, that I would confess with my lips, Your great Name, and offer my praise and worship to You no matter how I feel. Ultimately, it’s not about me but about You. I love You. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: