Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FAITH THAT PLEASES GOD. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
"All these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that Gd had promised. For God had something better in mind for us, so that thy would not reach perfection without us."
Hebrews 10:39-40

OBSERVATION
Every time I read about the hall of faith and all the amazing men and women that are mentioned in this chapter, I cannot avoid to focus in the fact that their fame has nothing to do with their accomplishments. They are recognized not for what they did, but for their faith in doing it. We can do great things without faith. Without faith we cannot please God. Great accomplishments do not please God, unless they come because of our faith. This principle is very important because in our human nature we are prone to see for the end results, not the process of faith. And God is looking for people of faith, that may not receive everythng God has promisd them, but that never give up having confidence that what they hope for will actually happen.

APPLICATION
Faith is such an important concept in our relationship with God, yet we don't understand it very well. Very often we determine someone's faith by their accomplishments. We look into a successful ministry and we immediately conclude that they have great faith. With the same attitude we look at a small ministry, and we assume that they lack faith. I need to be careful not to misunderstand faith. Small obedience and consistent confidence in God's promises can make a faith giant out of me. If I'm not careful about this, very easily I can depend on my results and deceive myself about he true condition of my faith. Actually my faith is bigger when I don't receive what I beleive God has promised.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for refreshing my mind about what true faith is all about. Please forgive me for setting my eyes in the results, not in the condition of my faith. Help me to trust your promises for my life, specially the ones that haven't come to complition. That's where my faith grows and becomes strong. That's where you are pleased with my life, when I believe that you can use me in great ways, when I believe that you can heal my son, when I believe that you can restore the unfixable and bring to life what has been long dead. Let me please you with my faith and give me strength to pass all the tests that will come.

No comments: