Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

THE PATH FOR FULFILLED PROMISES. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him and how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other believers, as you still do. Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life last, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and endurance.
Hebrews 6:10-12

OBSERVATION
The Bible recognizes the human tendency to give up when things get difficult and expectations are not met quickly. False expectations and lack of endurance will cause many people to loose their faith and trust in God. If we are not careful, we can conclude that God is not fair, and that there is no point in doing good. But once again, the Scripture goes against our human grind and with raw honesty reminds us that God's promises are fulfilled through faith and endurance. Faith must be tested over time. God can do instant miracles and He loves to bless us. But He will not spoil us. He will protect our relationship with Him. He wants us to depend on Him. He is God, we are His servants. He will not allow us to make Him our own personal Genie that must obey our commands as soon as we pray our requests. Faith and endurance are the path for fulfilled promises.

APPLICATION
Our impatience is counterproductive to our blessings. How long are we willing to wait for God's promises to be fulfilled? We may say with the best intentions, "as long as it takes!" But as days and weeks pass by, our resolve cools down, and our impatience takes over.

There are so many promises God fulfilled in my life after years of waiting for them. Our church did not came forth overnight. My marriage and my friendship with my wife took years to develop. By now, I should be used to be patient, to endure and pass the tests of my faith, trust for God's perfect timing, and wait for God's blessing. But It seems that I haven't get used to the process. Sometimes I want to give up, concede defeat, compromise my faith, and find solutions on my own. Sometimes I'm just like Abraham and Sarah, who decided to take God's plan on their own hands and try to conceive an heir through a slave woman. Rather than waiting for God to deliver the blessing in His perfect way, I try to find fulfillment of the promise on my own. I need to stay i the path of fulfilled promises, which is always marked with faith and endurance.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, you are so faithful to fulfill each one of your promises in my life. You have never fail me. So please, forgive me for being inpatient and for demanding a quick fulfillment of your promises. Help me to trust your perfect timing. Help me to endure doing the right things. You are always just and you will reward me according to my faith and works of obedience. Give me an undivided desire to stay firm in the path of faith and endurance so I can arrive to the place of the fulfillment of your promises. I love you Lord. Amen!

No comments: