Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

SACRIFICES OF GENEROSITY. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name. And don't forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.
Hebrews 13:15-16

OBSERVATION
Our faith in Jesus is the key to offer a continual sacrifice of praise to God. With the same breath, the writer of Hebrews proclaims that equally important is to be engaged in generosity towards those in need. This reinforces the dual dynamic of our worship with both our faith ad our good works. They go together. They cannot be real without each other.

APPLICATION
Generosity toward those who are in need is one of the most difficult things to do, not because our heart does not want to, but because or selfish nature is against it. The majority of people that I know want to be generous and look for the day when they can have a lot of money to share it with others. But abundance is not a requirement for generosity. We need to start sharing what we have, as small as it is, before pretending to share what we don't have.

Recently the Lord has asked me and my family to be more intentional about being generous and to share what we have with others in need. Honestly, we don't have much, but we can share what we have. And as we made decisions to be generous and share what we have, we feel a great peace, knowing that God takes care of our needs. But, I can see how my selfish nature is uncomfortable and restless. It tries to make me anxious and tries to reason why I should be worried of sharing what I have. But I must persevere and not give up living out my faith through generosity and acts of kindness.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for reminding me about generosity and for giving me so much that can be shared with others in need. Please help us to continue making our selfish nature very uncomfortable. We want to offer a living sacrifice of praise to you. Give me wisdom and discernment how to increase generosity and share more of the blessings you have given to us so generously. I love you Lord. Amen!

No comments: