Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

NOT AFRAID. By Pastor Jan Tomai.

Scripture:
"Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God." "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
Luke 12:6-7

Observation:
Jesus wants us to fear God (v. 4, 5). Not a "paralyzing, I am going to die" fear, but fear or awe that brings forth trust in God's love for us. Jesus goes on to declare that nothing happens in our lives that God does not care about. No detail is too small for his consideration. God looks on our lives with ever expanding vision.

Application:
I have heard these scriptures many times. And, each time I read them aloud, afresh, and believe...I am brought closer to God. I have this habit of letting struggles, difficulties, or crises interrupt my relationship with God. I find myself moving away from God. There God is just waiting on me with open, loving arms to trust in Him once more. He didn't move, I did. And, if His love isn't complete enough in caring about every detail of my life, He stirs up the Spirit within me (Haggai 1:14) to bring me closer to Him. Isn't it awesome to have a God of detail!

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for being a God of detail. Help me to walk each and everyday with renewed trust in You. I lift up those that need to experience our loving God. Those that are under unfair judgment, pain, suffering, loss of family, friendships, divorce, poverty, depression or whatever struggles they face day to day. I give you praise and thanks for what You have already done and what You are about to do!

No comments: