Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Friday, October 17, 2008

A HIGHER SENSE OF INTEGRITY. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
Job would consecrate his sons, raising up early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to to the number of them all; for Job said, “Perhaps my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually. Job 1:5

Observation:

Job had a high sense of integrity, not only for himself, but also for those under his care. As a father and a leader, he was very disciplined and quick to seek God’s face in repentance every single morning. He couldn’t bear the thought of having a day away from God’s presence and favor. He wouldn’t allow any sin, intentional or unintentional, to take away from his integrity and devotion to God. Hi tried to keep a high sense of integrity before the Lord. Perhaps that’s the reason why God is so confident that Job will pass Satan’s test. Job’s higher sense of integrity gave him the ability to get up again after each blow of the enemy, not to curse God, but to continue devoted to Him.

Application:
In many ways, I’m the only one responsible for the stewardship of my integrity. Fortunately, there are people around me that love me and help me to be aware and deal with my blind spots. These are people that pray for me and would confront me in a loving way in order to keep a higher sense of integrity before God. In the same way, I must help those under my care to pay attention to their habits, actions, attitudes, motivations, and mindset in order to keep a higher sense of integrity before the Lord. I should never be afraid to confront towards a higher sense of integrity. As I personally pursue integrity, others will pursue it. This principle gives me focus as I pray for other people, specially for my family, my ministry team, and the congregation I lead. The integrity of my heart as a shepherd covers and influences many people. For that reason, I must pay close attention to my regimen, specially in my intercession early in the morning, to make sure that my sense of integrity for me and for those around me is always higher.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to live as a good steward of integrity. I need your help to be more responsible for my own high sense of integrity, but also to stand on the gap and intercede for the integrity of your people. Help me Lord to be more passionate about it, with a holy zeal about it, and with a deeper understanding of the ways you pour out your favor upon your people. Create in me a consistent heart for intercession and a desire to restore daily a high sense of integrity. Amen!

No comments: