Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

THE "FRUITFULNESS OVER TIME" TEST. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
“So my advice is, leave these men alone. If they are teaching and doing these things merely on their own, it will soon be overthrown. But if it i of God, you will not be able to stop them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God.” Acts 5:38-39

Observation:

Gamaliel’s advice was result of both his experience and intuition about the problems that the high council had with the Early Church. God used this man to influence the religious establishment of the time and spare the lives of the apostles. Gamaliel’s words reveal the essence of a test of “fruitfulness over time.” A drastic intervention was not necessary. If a movement comes from God, nobody can stop it. But if it’s not of God, it will be stopped one way or another. And history proved that the apostles were following the plan of God. The church continued growing with supernatural force and today is about to reach every person of the world with its message.

Application:
As many people claim they are following God’s will for their lives, sometimes is very difficult to discern how much of their plans are being blessed by God. Fruitfulness over time is the best way to test if God truly has directed someone. There is no point to oppose somebody with judgments alone. It's true that some people have character flaws, or they are mavericks in their own approach of life; but still, God could be calling them to serve Him in a very unique capacity. Who am I to oppose them? Who am I to stand on their way? I should never speak judgment against them or criticize their approach. I should leave them alone and wait and see if God is truly with them. I should never be fighting against God! I don’t know all the answers and I’m not the only one with vision for this city and for our church.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for your faithfulness and for putting your hand and favor over my life. I don’t deserve so much and yet you bless me constantly. Please give me wisdom to always chose your side. I don't want to be found fighting against your plans. I always want to be found in your team. Let me apply the fruitfulness over time test as I deal with new ideas, vision, and people. Amen!

No comments: