Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

HE TRUSTS ME! By Renee Takahashi

Scripture:
Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care.
1 Timothy 6:20

Observation:
God trusts me! He trusts me to care for and care about people, situations, ministries, and projects, among other things. What does it mean to have something in my care? The dictionary definition is to pay serious attention to, to protect, to have charge for, make provision for, to look out for, have thought for, regard.

Application:
Wow! That’s a huge undertaking. Something that truly requires the Lord to be an integral part of. I need to clearly determine what are the things that have been entrusted to my care and to intentionally guard them. I must not be distracted by situations and things that pop up that are not entrusted to me. I must deliberately seek the Lord to always know if its truly my care, or if it’s a need that I want to fill. This scripture is confirmation to principles I have been taught about responsibility vs concern. About assignment and calling vs filling needs. About focused vs distracted. About missing the mark. During this time of transition for me, this scripture convicts me to make sure I hear from the Lord what my next step is, so I am in alignment with Him, that He will provide what I need to do it. I cannot, I will not step out of His covering.
How will I be different today because of what I have just read? I will seek the Lord for discernment about what is entrusted to me to care for and what is me taking on something to fill a “need”.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for your word this morning. Truly your word gives life. I thank you in advance for the direction you will give me in taking the next step. In directing my focus. Help me to clarify what you have entrusted into my care, and help me to guard them with the tenacity of a lion. Help me to release the situations that I may get caught up in. Let my focus be on you and not the things that are going on around me. In your mighty name I pray… amen

No comments: