Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

GENEROUS OUTPOURING. By Pastor Fernando.

Scripture:
He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did.
Titus 3:5-6

Observation:
One of the greatest benefits of the cross, besides eternal life with God, it’s the Spirit-filled life we all can experience on this side of eternity. Our God is so rich and generous that He gives out from His blessings with extravagant love. When it comes to pouring out His Spirit upon us, He wants us to experience the overwhelming intensity of His love. He wants us to be soaked and absolutely filled with His Holy Spirit. Like rivers of new life flowing and gushing from our lives, God wants to saturate our hearts and every area of our lives with His glory. Again, we don’t have to earn this blessing with good deeds. As we simply put our faith in the work of Christ in the cross, invite God’s outpouring of His Spirit, and expect the generous flow of His glory, we will continue enjoying the spirit-filled life He has promised to each one of us.

Application:
As I think of what’s coming in the next half of this year, my heart cannot stop thinking about a generous outpouring of His Spirit in our lives. I’m looking with expectation what the Holy Spirit is going to do in my own life. I know that I haven’t experience everything God has for me, and I trust that my God is rich and generous to keep pouring His Spirit in fresh and abundant ways. The flow doesn’t have to stop in my personal life. I definitely want more of the flow of the Holy Spirit in all the areas of my life. I need His fresh anointing in my devotion to God, in my marriage, in my parenting, and in my leadership. In the same way, I sense a fresh flow of the presence of the Holy Spirit in our church. This next half of the year will be glorious, not for what we have done to deserve it, but because of what Jesus has done to provide it.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, pour your Spirit in my life in a way that brings glory to your name. Remove any kind of roadblocks in my mind or in my heart that impede the free flow of your glory. Take away my fears, my insecurities, and my pride. Let your glory come freely and in abundance. Fill me completely with your love and compassion. Let your Holy Spirit produce abundant fruit in all areas of my life. The same I pray for our church. Please pour your Spirit upon your people in ways you have not done before. Let rivers of life flow to cleanse, to purge, and to anoint your people. There’s no greater blessing that your Spirit filling our lives. Fill each ministry and each leader. Let your glory of the next days be greater than the glory of the former days. Let us receive all the blessings that your sacrifice in the cross provide, specially the generous outpouring of your Spirit. Amen!

No comments: