Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

FORFEITED BLESSINGS. By Pastor Fernando.

Scripture:
Live in such a way that God’s love can bless you as you wait for the eternal life that our Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy is going to give you.
Jude 21

Observation:
Jude reveals that we can prepare our lives on this side of eternity to harvest blessing. God’s love rains upon our lives to bring unmeasurable blessings. However, if we are not careful in our choices and lifestyle, we will forfeit those blessings. It will be like putting on a canopy over our hearts that keep them dry and untouched by God’s love. His grace and mercy will continue flowing in abundance, but we may miss them because we are distracted living in such a way that God’s love cannot bless us.

Application:
Many poor choices in my life cause me to forfeit the many blessings God’s love has for me. Even though I’m very blessed, i wondered how much blessed i would be if I would make optimum choices all the time. Sometimes I live in such a way that blocks God’s blessings. I chose self-indulgence rather than discipline, or pride rather than humility. In those moments I’m loosing a great deal of God’s blessing in my life. It’s a sad reality that should motivate me to make better choices and to live in such a way that God’s love can bless me. But thank be to God, Jude also says in verse 24 that “God is able to keep us from stumbling.” The remedy is simple to understand, yet difficult to put into practice. In order to avoid forfeited blessings, we need to obey His ways. The more we do that, we will live in such a way that God’s love pours blessing after blessing in all the areas of our lives.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, please forgive me for all the forfeited blessings because of my poor choices and disobedience. Thank you for being so gracious and merciful with me. Please let me avoid any habit, compulsion, or mindset that causes me to forfeit your blessings. Reveal to me the circumstances that make me vulnerable and help me to get out from them. You are faithful to always reveal to me the emergency exit when i feel trapped in my own sin. Give me the strength and the willpower to walk in obedience before you so I can receive all the blessings that rain over my life because of your everlasting love for me. Amen!

No comments: