Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

PROTECTED. By Pastor Fernando.

Scripture:
“If you want me to protect you, learn to believe what I say.”
Isaiah 7:9

Observation:
The Kings of Aram and Israel are about to invade Judah. Isaiah is called by God to prophesy upon king Ahaz about this situation and to promise His protection over him. This prophecy of protection also reveals God’s plan to rescue His people from their enemies. The sign of a virgin giving birth to Messiah was to be the sign of God’s ultimate deliverance. But just as many of God’s promises have conditions, God’s protection is directly dependent on our faith. We must trust God’s power and faithfulness. He will always do what He says!

Application:
As God’s people, we have a constant enemy lurking around, waiting for opportunities to steal, kill, and destroy. God promises our protection as long as our faith is placed in Him. There’s no need to fear when the enemy marches against us. We cannot allow hearts faint when the enemy’s attacks are being planned and put into motion. We must put our trust that our God is certain to provide reliable protection as we place our trust in Jesus. This morning I’m encouraged to put my trust in Him and to believe in the promises He has for my life. Very often I’m overwhelmed by the way the enemy comes against me and start loosing my faith. At those moments I need to press on in my convictions and believe that God is my bodyguard. He would never allow the enemy do to me something outside His perfect plan. And even if the enemy touches my life, God will always use those situations to bring great blessing into my life.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, please forgive me for the many times when I forgot your promises of protection and run from the battle field already defeated. Help me to put my trust in you completely, specially in circumstances where the odds seem all against me. When the enemy charges like a flood, I know you will repel him with your Mighty Arm. Help me to live in a way that honors you and keeps you closer to me as my protector. I don’t want to live outside of your security zone. Help me to honor you by increasing my trust in your Word and promises for my life. Amen!

No comments: