Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

WHERE LOVE COMES FROM. By Pastor Fernando.

Scripture:
The purpose of my instruction is that Christians there would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and a sincere faith.
1 Timothy 1:5

Observation:
Paul’s purpose to instruct people is to fill them with more love. He understood love as a result of three things: a pure heart, a clear conscience, and a sincere faith. He also believes in a triple H template for every believer: holiness, humility and honesty. As people develop each dimension, there’s an overflow of love that affects the way they live. If the greatest commandment is based in loving God and loving others, then it makes sense to find out where this love comes from and invest in practical ways to produce such kind of love.

Application:
As I walk in holiness, my heart must be consistently protected from impurities and from selfish motives. The more separated I live to honor God, the more love will grow in my heart. As I walk in humility, my conscience needs to be clear from anything that that pollutes my soul. I cannot harbor unresolved sin or unforgiveness. I need to keep my conscience clear from roadblocks and I must allow the blood of Jesus to cover all my thoughts. The clearer my conscience, the more love will sprout out of my heart. As I walk in honesty before God and men, my faith needs to be real to believe in the greatest things, even when it’s challenged by my doubts, fears, and insecurities. As my faith becomes more sincere, love will come to the surface and become more real in my daily affairs.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to fill my life with love that comes from these three places. Help me to develop a pure heart as I draw closer to you, not in religious practice, but in intimate relationship with you. Let me be holy just as you are holy. Clear my conscience and soak my thoughts with your precious blood. Don’t let me walk away from your presence with unresolved sin. Let me live in daily repentance before your throne, trusting in your grace and mercy, not in my self-suficiency. And finally, please help me to cultivate a sincere faith, to avoid all kinds of fake and religious things that mask who I really am before you. And as these three grow in my life, let me overflow with love for you and for your people in such a way that others also embrace a triple H lifestyle. Amen!

No comments: