Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HIS KINGDOM IN ME. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
He also asked, "What else is the Kingdom of God like? It is like yeast used by a woman making bread. Even though she used a large amount of flour, the yeast permeated every part of the dough."
Luke 13:18-19

OBSERVATION
When Jesus taught about the Kingdom of God, He made a point about the influence of His kingdom as a whole. When His Kingdom comes into our lives, it will reach, affect, and transform all areas in our lives. We cannot be selective where we want the Kingdom to rule. We cannot make separate compartments and allow the kingdom influence those we choose. God's work in our lives is comprehensive, it's excellent, and it's guaranteed to be successful. Just like yeast reaches and transforms every molecule of the dough, God's Kingdom will transform every area of our lives. We cannot stop this if we truly have the Kingdom. And if we don't experience this kind of work, maybe the Kingdom has not been activated to work on our lives.

APPLICATION
One of the best evidences of the presence of the Kingdom of God in our own lives is the consistent conviction of the Holy Spirit to make us whole, to make us holy. When the reality of the Kingdom of God comes into our lives, it will transform every single area, no exceptions. Sooner or later, our King Jesus conquers all areas of our heart that have been under control of sin and death. He wants to bring life, hope, and transformation. During this season God wants to remind me about the way His kingdom grows in me. He wants to conquer all areas of my life. He wants to transform my sinful habits, my poor attitudes, my compulsions, my weaknesses. He wants to do a good work in me, not a mediocre one. His kingdom is working in us, so I need to let His rule touch every molecule of who I am.

PRAYER
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for convicting me more and more about advancing your kingdom in every area of my heart. Please reach and transform every molecule, purifying who I am, making me whole, making me holy, making me more like You. Let the yeast of your Glory touch every thought, every habit, and every action. Let the image of Jesus be shaped in me as you conquer every area in my life. Show me where I have made compartments, separate areas that I keep for myself, areas where I need to surrender to your gentle rule. Reach until the last and make me whole. I love your work in me Jesus! Amen.

No comments: