Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

STEWARDING GOD'S FAVOR. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Numbers 27:5-9
5 The staff belonging to the man I choose will sprout, and I will rid myself of this constant grumbling against you by the Israelites."
6 So Moses spoke to the Israelites, and their leaders gave him twelve staffs, one for the leader of each of their ancestral tribes, and Aaron's staff was among them. 7 Moses placed the staffs before the LORD in the Tent of the Testimony.

8 The next day Moses entered the Tent of the Testimony and saw that Aaron's staff, which represented the house of Levi, had not only sprouted but had budded, blossomed and produced almonds. 9 Then Moses brought out all the staffs from the LORD's presence to all the Israelites. They looked at them, and each man took his own staff.

OBSERVATION
Very often God may choose few among the many in order to let his will be understood. Among all the leaders of Israel he chose Aaron in order to extinguish the grumblings of the people against the leadership. Aaron's staff sprouted, budded, blossomed and produced almonds overnight. This miracle was a sign that Aaron's success came from the Lord, not from his own efforts. And people had to recognize and agree that the Lord's hand of favor was upon Aaron to do the ministry he was called to do.

APPLICATION
I love the way the Lord chooses and blesses those in leadership. Many are called but few are chosen. He determines and separates those he wants to have a unique calling. He will bring a supernatural harvest in their lives so people can see that their blessing comes form the Lord. So when I see someone else's staff sprouting and giving fruit supernaturally, do I become jealous or do I give the honor and respect that person deserves? What about my own life? I can see God ringing a supernatural harvest in my ministry while other faithful people that are better and smarter than me are still waiting. In my flesh I may want to brag about it, but in my spirit I have the the desire to respond to God's favor with more faithfulness and sacrifice in the ministry.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for your undeserved favor in my life and for the supernatural way you have blessed my life and ministry. Certainly I cannot earn so much blessings. I may not understand the reasons why you favor me, but my heart is to remain faithful to you, humble before you, and living as if your favor depends on it. Please never let let me become arrogant about your favor, or to feel entitled to your blessings. Please use the fruitfulness of this season to touch other people around me. Use me to inspire other leaders. We are all special and we have favor before you. Help me to motivate them to expect a supernatural harvest in their own lives. Amen!

No comments: