Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

BLAMELESS. By Pastor Jan Tomai

SCRIPTURE - Acts 25:27
“For it seems to me unreasonable, in sending a prisoner, not to indicate the charges against him.”

OBSERVATION
The governor of the province, Porcius Festus, had to write up charges against Paul. But, he could find no blame in this man! To relieve himself of this responsibility, Festus took Paul to various other people for confirmation of his findings. Festus was in a quandry...he did not know what to do. Faced with truth, Festus searched for redemption in his position as judge everywhere but in Christ. Festus judged Paul as “out of his mind” to protect himself.

APPLICATION
Even though I try my hardest, I know that there are times when put under the stress of a situation and in my own efforts to avoid confrontation, I do not hear someone out. Once that happens, I have lost part of the truth of any given situation. Decisions are made on a partial truth which really is not truth at all. Paul was blameless. I want to be blameless as well in making decisions in Christ and not in my flesh.

PRAYER
Lord, help me to hear others clearly and completely. Sharpen my listening abilities so that my decisions reflect the whole truth and not my flesh. Strengthen me to trust You in confrontation and not myself. I know that You can teach me this if I will but listen.

No comments: