Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

BLAMELESS. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Psalm 19:13-14

Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

OBSERVATION
In this Psalm, David recognizes the magnificence of God in nature and in the perfection of His precepts. He realizes that his best way to respond to God's greatness is to become a blameless man. So he prays for God to keep him from intentional sins, and requests that his words and thoughts become pleasing to God.

APPLICATION
I always admired this portion of Scripture as a goal for my life. Unfortunately, over and over again my spiritual journey has been tainted with intentional, willful sins. Certain sinful habits have ruled over my life and I have felt disqualified from becoming a blameless person. It's almost as if the enemy has convinced me that this cannot be done. But then David recognizes that God is our Rock and Redeemer. This is huge! First of all, God is more interested in me than in the law. So even when I walk in disobedience, He is my Rock and my Redeemer. He wants to restore me so I can become blameless once again. The key is for me to run and be safe under the shadow of His wings. In Him I can find refuge from the consequences of my sin and assurance that my wrongdoing has been forgiven and forgotten. And my proper response is not to abuse such amazing gift of mercy and keep sinning willfuly. Rather, my response should be more surrendering to His perfect will.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, your love and mercy always leave me speechless. Every time the enemy wants to make me believe that I cannot be restored and healed from my compulsions, you come with your grace to destroy all those hellish arguments. Please continue your work of redemption over my life. You are my Rock and my Redeemer. My trust is in you, not in me. Let me walk blameless before you not because I have to but because I want to. And give me a consistent victory over the things that have ruled over my life in the past and that continue taunting me every day. I love you Lord! Amen.

No comments: