Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

UNDERSTANDING AUTHORITY. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Luke 7:6-10

He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

9When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." 10Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.


OBSERVATION
The Centurion was a good man that feared God and understood the principles of authority. He knows how it works and how it can be exercised. For him, just a word from Jesus is enough to do the miracle that he requested. The centurion recognizes that Jesus has authority over all things, including the health of his servant. So his faith is based simply on what Jesus says. He knows that just one word from the One with authority suffices. He recognizes who Jesus is and He does not doubt in the authoritative power of His words. Jesus was very impressed with this kind of faith coming from a Gentile and elevated it above all the other people of Israel.

APPLICATION
We can build our faith as we understand and apply the principles of authority. One word from the Lord should be enough. What His Word says should be the only thing that we depend on to believe in a miracle. He says it, and so it goes! However, I can see very often that His word is not enough for us. He want something else and request a confirmation, a proof, an emotion, a feeling, or a manifestation, so our faith can grow more. By God's grace, God sometimes gives us more than His word, and yet we walk in skepticism. Our faith is not developed and we continue to struggle believing what God says.

We need to recognize and understand that Jesus has authority over every single thing in the universe. His word created everything from nothing. I need to rest assure that what He says is going to happen. His word should be enough for me. I don't need any proof. His word is all I need because He has the authority to make it happen. He has power over everything, including the spirits of oppression working around me and in the lives of those who I lead. He has the authority and all things submit to Him. I need to build my faith more and more as I understand the authority that the Father has given to Jesus to rule in power.

PRAYER
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the authority you have given Jesus to rule over every challenge, every sickness, every principality, and every situation in my life and in the lives of others around me. Help me to have a faith like this centurion - a faith where your word is enough for me to run confident. This year help me to see more miracles as I minister under your authority and with your authority. Amen!

No comments: