Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

ANXIETY. By Pastor Jan Tomai.

SCRIPTURE
“Therefore I ell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on.” Genesis 12:36

OBSERVATION
Anxiety can be such a blessing in our lives. God made us to have this “quick” fight or flight response to danger! How else would we react at the right time to things that physically, emotionally, and mentally threaten our lives? God made us to be sensitive to our environment as a means of protection. How often must we avert physical danger whether driving, running, or doing something as simple as cooking? Then, there is the constant risk of emotion trauma from loss, discouragement, others, or possibly abuse. Mental danger exists all around us as we are bombarded with moral impurity trying to seep into our souls through constant media exposure.

APPLICATION
Now comes the catch. I find myself anxious about things that are not threatening my mental integrity, physical well-being, or emotional health. It would be nice to blame Satan for all of it but the truth is my flesh plays a big part in enlarging on God’s natural defense system for human’s in pursuit of purposes that often escape me. I think I am suggesting that it is not God’s plan but my design converted toward something I want, need, or desire. If there is going to be true self-awareness, then it will have to start in the midst of my selfish anxiety. I must learn to give every moment to God retiring to that quiet spot in my heart where He and I can abide. I must learn to find life worth living on God’s terms not my own.

PRAYER
Lord, help me to remove myself from the noise of everyday life that tries to call me away from you. My unhealthy anxieties can only be reduced through a constant awareness of your intended protection and realization that all else is Me seeking what you have not designed. Life is nothing without you, Lord. Let the moment to moment reflect your glory. Help me to shed unneeded anxietyand dress in the promises of Your Word.

No comments: