Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

THE SHEPHERD'S RESPONSIBILITY. By Pastor Fernando.

Scripture:
“My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them stray and turned them loose in the mountains. They have lost their way and cannot remember how to get back to the fold. All who found them devour them...“
Jeremiah 50:6-7

Observation:
The Lord reveals to Jeremiah that His people are so far away from Him because the shepherds of Israel did not do their job. They became more preoccupied in keeping their positions of privilege rather than in feeding the people with the truth of the Lord. The shepherds of Israel were responsible for the spiritual condition of the people, and when the people turned form God, it was a direct reflection of the performance of the shepherds.

Application:
Israel had plenty leaders, but not many shepherds. and those who took their responsibility seriously to feed the people, were mocked, even killed. We can have a lot of leadership in our lives and still walk away from God if there is no shepherding. This morning I’m reminded of the importance to be a shepherd that leads, not a leader that tries to shepherd. My calling from God was to feed the lambs, the sheep, the flock that God has entrusted me. If I fail them as a shepherd, their spiritual condition will be a reflection of my failure, they will suffer unnecessary consequences, and eventually, I will be at fault. For that reason, I need to keep my heart of a shepherd sharp at all times. I may make many mistakes as a leader, but I cannot fail as a shepherd.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for calling my to shepherd your people. I want to take my call seriously because the spiritual condition of many people are at stake here. Your people deserves the best, loving, God fearing shepherds. Please use me to feed your people well, so they are strong in difficult seasons. Help me to instruct them to build a solid foundation in their lives. And bring shepherds to our team that serve with that kind of heart. Not people like Diotrephes, who loves to be a leader, according to 3 John 9. But people like Your Son Jesus, who showed us how to serve and love the flock. Amen!

No comments: