Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A RELENTLESS SHEPHERD. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
Lord, I have not abandoned my job as a shepherd for your people. I have not urged you to send disaster. It is your message I have given them, not my own. Jeremiah 17:16

Observation:
Jeremiah faithfully delivers the messages from God to the people of Jerusalem and seriously takes his call to be a shepherd for the people of God. However, the leaders mock him and the people don’t listen to him. His character is constantly judged, his relationship with God is scoffed, and his reputation is destroyed. From all angles, Jeremiah’s life is overwhelmed with sorrow. He is desperate before God and vents his frustration to the Lord. But he remains faithful to his call from God. he is a relentless shepherd that will not walk away from his assignment. He is not a hireling that runs away when things get tough.

Application:
I wish shepherding God’s people was an assignment free from obstacles and difficulties. The rewards of serving God’s people are countless and valuable. But there are times where our character is misjudged, intentions are misinterpreted, performance is criticized gracelessly, and mistakes are not forgotten easily. People will do and say terrible things to shepherds and if they don’t have a tough layer of skin, they will certainly be hurt and probably to the point of abandoning their call. I already lost count of people that started as good shepherds and now are MIA because of the brutal attacks against them. I’m not immune to this kind of persecution. For that reason, I need to have my call firmly strapped to my heart. If my conscience is clear and clean about my efforts in shepherding God’s people, then I should be strong enough to withhold any kind of storm and attack. I must never forget that some sheep are wounded and they will kick and ram the shepherds. And a good shepherd will not kill the sheep for that. He always finds away to help the sheep because he knows that Jesus, the Good Shepherd, will take care of the other shepherds that serve His purposes.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for reminding me about the realities of shepherding your people. As scared and wounded sheep kick me and ram me over, help me to live above the attacks and to remain faithful and relentless in my calling. Prepare my heart for the upcoming criticisms, misunderstandings, misrepresentations and complaints against me. Please give me the strength to always remain faithful and to never cut and run from your assignment in my life. Amen!

No comments: