Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

KEEP ON SEARCHING. By Pastor Fernando.

Scripture:
Search for the Lord and for His strength , and keep on searching.
Psalm 105:4

Observation:
This verse reminds me of the importance of dependence on God on a daily basis for all areas in our lives. The point of the Psalmist here is to recognize God’s faithfulness to provide His strength every single time His people searched for Him. God is worthy to be trusted because He delivers 100% of the time. The best illustration I can think of about how me dependency on God works is with my appetite. My wife usually asks me if I’m hungry and my reply every time is, “Honey, I’m always hungry.” Right after I have a great breakfast, a couple hours later, my body starts craving for the next meal. My body depends on my brain to motivate my for the action of eating. This happens every single day, several times a day. The same is with God. There are times where I search for his strength, and He will give me enough to get by. But as i keep going in lie, I will need more of that strength because there is a relationship of dependency from me on God. I need His strength for breakfast, for lunch and for dinner every single day of my life.

Application:
Very often I will search the Lord for strength and he will answer my prayer. But life has a way to suck it all up. God gives me enough to get buy so I can go back to Him for more and build intimacy and dependency with Him. That’s why I need to be mindful of keeping on searching for His strength in my life. My body cannot consume on one meal the nutrients for an entire month. In the same way I cannot pretend that one moment of sustain from the Lord will carry me on forever. He is faithful to give me my daily bread. He wants daily encounters. He wants daily mercies. he wants to be my provider of strength at a daily basis. For that reason I must keep on searching for His strength in my life, because those who search diligently and daily will find what they are looking for.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, let everything that happens in my life bring glory to your name. Let me develop and internalize this dependence on your strength in my life. I don’t want to depend on one good meal of your strength to carry me on for several weeks. i want my daily bread and my daily portion of strength to deal wisely and victoriously with all the issues in my life. I love you Lord. Amen!

No comments: