Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

WAITING ON THE HOLY SPIRIT. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Acts 1:4

"Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait..."

OBSERVATION

This is the passage that promises the Holy Spirit outpouring in power over every believer. This has huge significance in the history of the church and in our personal relationship with God. But this verse is also very practical. It's scope is not just wide enough to include the baptism with the Holy Spirit but also focused enough to cover the intervention of the Holy Spirit in our daily lives. What we must understand is that the prelude of God's amazing power displayed in our daily lives is to wait. It's almost mandatory! Jesus gave the disciples not a suggestion but a clear command to wait mostly because our tendency to rush and make decisions according to our own understanding.

APPLICATION
Waiting has never been an easy season to embrace, especially when the pressure to make decisions increases. Lately I've been in many situations where important decisions need to be made and I don't have a clear direction from God. Well, that's not true! God is simply saying, "wait!" Waiting on the Holy Spirit us highly rewarding, but very challenging. The best decisions in my life have come after seasons in the waiting room. Yet, when the pressure is on, I become anxious and restless. I'm not waiting in the Holy Spirit, and I've been cheating myself form God's very best. I need to learn to enjoy the waiting room that God sometimes puts us in before entering into the blessing room.

PRAYER
Dear Heavenly Father, please forgive me for not waiting on your Holy Spirit to guide me. I need to be patient and let you show me the way. Help me to be still and wait on You. I love you Lord.
Amen.

No comments: