Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

LIKE WALKING ON WATER. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Matthew 14:28-30

"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

OBSERVATION

Peter is like many of us... full of emotion and excitement when experiencing novelty, but fearful and doubtful when tested to follow trough. He is walking on water, but soon enough, as reality becomes evident, he looses focus and sinks. Jesus in a loving way reveals to Peter that we need faith to start and faith to finish.

King David had to trust in the Lord to accomplish the impossible task to conquer Jerusalem. He started with faith and follow through with faith until the city became the City of David. He knew that walking with God is process where faith sustains you all the way through, just like walking on water.

APPLICATION

In many areas of my life I'm starting to walk on water, but as reality sinks and I realize how amazing is to take the first steps of faith, doubts and fears are gaining momentum. I'm living one of the best seasons of my life, experiencing abundance and harvest beyond what I could ever think or imagine. But to be honest, I'm not sure if I have what it takes to keep walking on water. The wind is gaining speed and the waves are starting to raise. And even though I'm not drowning now, I know that I must grow my little faith. I need the Lord more than ever before. I cannot loose focus at this moment. I must fix my eyes in Jesus to sustain me and build my faith as I follow through.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, as you promised to me several years ago, I'm conquering my own Jerusalem. Despite all the opposition and impossibles, yu have been faithful to provide a way to conquer the city. I've been walking on water, but I need you more than ever before so I don't drown. Please come to my rescue and build in me a faith I never had before. Help me to keep walking in faith as I follow through with your plan for my life. You are the source of my faith, so let me increase my love and devotion for you. Don't let me go. Draw me close to you so I can fix my eyes on you as we together walk on water. I love you Lord. Amen!

No comments: