Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

SCRIPTURE - 1 Corinthians 7:35

I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

OBSERVATION

The apostle Paul is really intentional in helping the believers to focus in loving God rather than in doing things to earn His love. He wants to be honest about his convictions so he makes a distinction between God's Word and his own preferences. Being single helps him to focus more in the work of the Lord. A lifestyle that avoids eating food sacrificed to idols helps him to be a better servant, specially to weaker believers. The key is to distinction between putting restrictions and giving instruction. They are not the same.

APPLICATION
Today I came back form an amazing and life-changing trip to Israel. I know myself and I can see how I'm going to ask evry believer that I know to go to Israel. Certainly it's great if every believer can spend few days in the Holy Land, seeing, smelling, touching what we read about in the Bible. However, this is not a requirement for a sincere faith. It helps a lot, but it doesn't make us better Christians nor give us a special favor with God.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, help me to communicate my passion for the Holy Land without bringing guilt or making restrictions to people. Even though I consider very important to be there, especially for pastors and teachers, give me wisdom and grace to motivate people in a way that honors you. Amen.

No comments: