Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

IMPRESSIONS. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE

As he taught, Jesus said, "Watch out for the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and be greeted in the marketplaces, and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."
Mark 12:38-40

OBSERVATION
Jesus disliked profusely the false impression that the Pharisees were giving to the rest of the people. Their religiosity was a facade. They were inconsistent in their beliefs and behavior. And worse of all they thought their prideful and selfish behavior was godly. Jesus was very cler about this. Punishment comes to those who live to impress others with lies.

APPLICATION
Its crazy how many times my sinful nature wants to impress a false me rather than to impress Christ in me. Its very important for me to catch myself doing that, repent, and let the truth come through. This is at the core of my struggle to pleasing God rather than pleasing people. The sense of urgency and importance is great because of the consequences it could bring.

PRAYER
Dear Lord, please help me to avoid false impressions and embrace your impression of Christ in me. Let me be true and true! I loe you Lord. Amen!

No comments: