Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

WILLING TO GIVE IT ALL AWAY. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
41Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny.
43Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."
Mark 12:41-44

OBSERVATION
Jesus taught His disciples that day that appearances are deceiving. While others look into impressive gifts, God is looking into the heart of the giver. God is not impressed with large gifts it they don't represent sacrifice. But when a person is willing to give sacrificially, out of faith, and out of sincere trust in God's love and His way to take care of their needs, God is not only impressed, He is also glorified.

APPLICATION
Giving out of our surplus does not mean too much. And if it doesn't mean too much to us, it doesn't mean too much to God. I need to see in my own life if I'm willing to give it all away in a second's notice. How fast can I walk away from all my possessions if God requests that from me. It seems that the more we get the harder it gets. The more stuff we acquire, the more difficult to give it away.We only want to give what's old, unused, meaningless, and unwanted. But this morning I feel encouraged to turn up my level of trust in God and be willing once again to give it all away. I've done this before, and God has always blessed me beyond my imagination.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, once again I come to you recognizing that nothing I steward is mine. All these things are yours and you can request them from me at anytime. But I can feel lately that such attitude is increasingly difficult, and I want to soften my heart in your presence. It's taking me too long to walk away from things. Please renew me and give me an increased sense of trust in your love for me. That if I loose it all, you will never leave me nor forsake me. Let me give to you sacrificially, not expecting something in return. I just want to simply trust you and your ways to care for my needs and to take me from glory to glory. Amen!

No comments: