Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

PRISON BREAK. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
But while Peter was in prison, the church prayed very earnestly for him.
Acts 12:5

OBSERVATION
The persecution of the early church was intense. Herod had James killed and Peter was his next target. Peter's situation is almost hopeless. The church cannot do anything... so they start praying earnestly for Peter. The Lord hears their prayers and an angel miraculously rescues Peter from the prison. Peter could not believe what was happening. Even the same people that were praying for him would not believe the news of Peter's escape. That shows that their faith in their prayers were not the most optimal. But God's will prevailed above the faith of the people.

APPLICATION
Praying according to the will of God is going to challenge our faith, our emotions, and even our character. First of all, is prayer my first answer when a brother or sister is in trouble? Do I go to my knees when the news of someone's misfortune reaches me? As a shepherd I must not neglect the prayers of intercession for the people of our church. They may not be persecuted and sent to jail, but the enemy of our souls is prowling and chasing them to hurt them. Satan wants to keep them imprisoned in his realm of death and destruction. Who is praying for them? I should be standing in the gap!

Also I need to pray for God's will to come. Regardless of how I feel, or how confident I am that God will do a miracle, my prayers must line up with the will of God. I should not be surprised when God answers my prayers. My level of faith will not determine how much of the will of God will be released in people's lives. I need to trust in God's ways and remember that my prayers can change outcomes as long as I keep trusting God's will to do what it needs to be done.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, please let your will be done in the lives of those who are suffering the vicious attacks of the enemy right now. I pray for life where there is death. I pray for peace where there is turmoil. I pray for healing where there is pain. Let your will be done regardless of my faith. Release your miracles as we learn how to trust in your goodness and grace. Amen!

No comments: