Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

MORE THAN WILLING HEARTS. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE

Then Moses told the people of Israel, “The Lord has specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. The Lord has filled Bezalel with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts. He is a master craftsman, expert in working with gold, silver, and bronze. He is skilled in engraving and mounting gemstones and in carving wood. He is a master at every craft. And the Lord has given both him and Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, the ability to teach their skills to others. The Lord has given them special skills as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet thread on fine linen cloth, and weavers. They excel as craftsmen and as designers.
Exodus 35:30-35

OBSERVATION
The important task of building the tabernacle, the dwelling place for God's presence, was assigned to people that had more than a willing heart. God gave Bezalel and Oholiab the skills to get the work done. Moses called them and placed them in leadership to complete the task God assigned for them. They were not only capable to do the work well, but also they were capable to teach others how to do their work well. And when the right people are assigned to lead, God pours His blessing and favor. Not only they finished the tabernacle as God wanted, they also had more than enough resources to complete it.

APPLICATION
In order to build God's kingdom and to fulfill our assignment, we are going to need more than a willing heart. We are going to need to develop our skills. Also we need to find the right people for the riht assignment. Some people may have all the desire in the world, but their skill level can only take them to a certain point. They are certainly precious to the Lord and to us, but they need to be encouraged to raise their skill level or to let someone else, who has both a willing heart and the skill, to take over the assignment.

Every time wehen I watch the TV show "American Idol" I witnness the amazing power of the willing heart. The world watches people that have a desire, a dream, a vision, and the guts, to audition in front tough judges. This contest is not about willing hearts. It's about vocal skill. As a leader, I need to look in my own life and recognize where I'm running only with a willing heart and where I'm lacking skill. Instead of pretending being good at something, I need to let those who are really good to take over those things. No shame in doing that. In that way, I can focus in what I'm really good at it. And when I find the place where my skills and gifts help me to advance God's kingdom with excellence, then God will be glorified.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, help me to serve you with more than a willing heart. Give me the skills and the gifts to fulfill your assignment for me. Let me focus my heart and energy where my skills are the strongest. And help me to call those who are gifted and skilled to serve in those areas. Please send someone to help our church with the always increasing administrative load. Send us someone that has more than a willing heart. I love you Lord. Amen!

No comments: