Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A VOICE OF ENCOURAGEMENT. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Hebrews 12:1

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

OBSERVATION

Following Christ is not just a walk around the park. It’s more like a competitive race, full of energy and excitement. Great rewards and satisfaction are on the line when we endure to the end. That’s why we need to persevere, ignore our tiredness, find strength in the Lord, avoid distractions, and stop paying attention to the voices that want to slow us down.

APPLICATION

As I take a look into my own life I can see how easy is to slow down. When facing distractions, discouragement, and tiredness, we need to fix our eyes on Jesus, the one who endure it all: criticism, exhaustion, pain, suffering, fears, doubts and even betrayal. By following Jesus’ example we will overcome and we will run non-stop towards the finish line.

In the past I had many people around me cheering me up to keep running in spite of the difficulties. If it wasn’t for these people, I would have become lethargic and miss great blessings in my life and ministry. I knew I’m surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, the heroes of the faith, cheering us from heaven. But also I have a great cloud of loving and encouraging people that motivate me to move forward, running with great passion towards the goal. I’m very thankful for these people.

During this season in my life I feel God’s calling to be an encourager and cheer other pastors that are struggling in their race of ministry. Being here in Taiwan this week I can sense God using me to encourage pastor Stephen to keep running towards the goal, fixing his eyes on Jesus. I’m so privileged to stand on the sidelines and cheer him and his team on. There’s no doubt in my mind that they will advance Go’s Kingdom in Taiwan and China in amazing ways.

PRAYER

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to be a hero of the faith and an encourager of those who are running the race with me. Help me to run aside Steven and Joyce during this season to be an ally in their race. Use my life to help other pastors that feel tired and need a voice of encouragement. Amen!

No comments: