Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SUSTAINED BY THE LORD. By Pastor Fernando.

SCRIPTURE - Psalm 55:22

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

OBSERVATION
David was going through a very stressful season. His son Absalom betrayed him, the integrity of his kingdom is in peril, his army commander Joab is abusing his power, and the pressure keeps mounting up. So many difficult circumstances came to him at once. Anyone would loose his mind in his situation. However, David survived it and was sustained by God because he knew how to cast all his cares on the Lord.

APPLICATION
We all have seasons of lots of pressure. Sometimes it comes from all fronts: emotional, spiritual, physical, internal, and external. And we think things are bad, it gets worse. These are difficult seasons where our ability to cast our cares on the Lord is tested. What do we do? We usually fight or flight. When we fight we try to solve them on our own, adding more stress and anxiousness, which results in making decisions and acting out according to what we consider is best. When we flight, we go in hibernation mode, we hide for problems, and we swipe them under the rug expecting they will go away.

Either way, fight or flight, we are sustaining ourselves. We need to remember that these trials are not for me to experience stress or isolation, but to experience God love sustaining my life. In those difficult moments, if we cast our cares before God, trust in his wisdom and act according to his righteousness, we will pass the test and be sustained by the Lord.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for taking me through seasons where my character is tested under fire. I need to remember that I must cast my cares on You. I cannot deal with those situations according to my own understanding. I need to listen to your voice, make decisions according to your ways, and act with courage and faithfulness knowing that you will prevail. Please forgive me when I retain my cares on my side and please help me to give them away to You. I love you Lord. Amen.

No comments: