Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

AWESOME GRACE! By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
Psalm 37:23-24

OBSERVATION
David understood something amazing a bout God's grace. Even though it's a gift from God, it comes when God finds delight in my ways. Now, my ways are not perfect. I will slip once in a while when the desires of my selfish nature overcome the desires of my spirit. I stumble in my walk with the Lord, yet God is always there because somehow He finds delight in me. This is very humbling. I don't deserve God's blessings because of my constant stumbling. But God is faithful to His covenant of love, even when I'm not faithful.

APPLICATION
God's grace is humbling. It always puts me in a place of awe towards God. He wins my heart bacause of his steadfast love never ends. And even though He finds delight in me, I don't want totake this for granted. I want to stay away from stumbling again. I want to be faithful because of His love for me. I'm not sure what I've done right to have God delighted in me. All I can say is that His grace covers a multitude of wrongdoings.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, today I come to you with my heart broken once again because of the many time I stumble in my selfish nature. As a wretched sinner I come so humbled by your infinite grace, not with a heart to take advantage of it, but with a sincere desire to praise you and honor you. Your love for me motivates me be more passionate about fighting my selfish nature. Please help me during this season to put the works of my flesh at the cross adn to experience the power of the resurrection in my personal life. Let me walk in obedience and devotion to your ways. Keep me closer to you and guide me in the way I should go. Amen!

No comments: