Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MEASUREMENTS. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
"The angel who talked to me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls."
Revelation 21:15

OBSERVATION
Both Ezekiel and John had visions of celestial beings measuring the things of God. In Ezekiel's vision, a detailed inspection of the temple and the surrounded areas included taking measurements. In john's vision, the New Jerusalem goes through the same procedure. God wants his people to understand the importance of measurable works. He wants to reveal standards to be hold accountable. Numbers are important to determine direction and to evaluate how effective progress is going.

APPLICATION
Measurements are important in our relationship with God and when advancing His kingdom. Measurements provide a clear target and sets the basis for an effective strategy. Without measurements, its difficult to know what we are looking for.

Recently I've been looking in more accountability in my personal relationship with God. I need some clear goals that can be measured. I cannot just say, "I need to pray and fast more." This is a noble goal, but lacks measurable results. I should say, "I will pray every other day and fast once a week."

With our church, I think we have great goals, but our measurable factors are not clear. We need to be more strategic in determining clear goals and expectations as we move forward. It's critical that the team understands what we are doing and how the results can be measured.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, help me to be wiser and diligent to have clear measurements in my relationship with you and to fulfill them. At the same tie, I pray that you will bless our church staff strategic retreat this week. Let us come with clear goals and measurable indicators that will help us fulfill our assignment during this season. I love you Lord, Amen!

No comments: