Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

THE BEST FOR LAST. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - John 2:9-10
Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."

OBSERVATION
In this passage the Holy Spirit though John's writing wants to communicate a principle rather than just a story. And this principle is based in God's progressive blessing in our lives. When the master of the banquet tasted the superior quality wine, his comment reveals that Jesus' work doesn't rely in the glory of the past, but leaves the best for last. When Jesus touches our lives we go from glory to glory, from better to much better. Once we are enjoying today's blessings, we have a tendency to become comfortable and complacent. But Jesus wants us to expect more from Him.

APPLICATION
In my personal life and in my ministry I've seen the Lord doing great and amazing things. Through the years I've seen a progression in His blessing over my life. But for some reason, lately I've been feeling stuck and relying more in the blessings of the past. This nostalgia causes me to crave some old blessings rather than the new and better blessings ahead. My past blessings are helpful to remind me that God has always been faithful, but I should not rely in yesterday's blessings. I should be hungry and thirsty for the choice wine that Jesus always leaves for later. My best days are yet to come.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, please forgive me for relying in the past and for focusing more in yesterday that in tomorrow. You are a God that leaves the best for last. You love to increase more and more blessings as days go by. Please help me to see the future applying this principle, knowing that you are not done with me and that I've not seen or heard the awesome things you want to do in my life. Please bring me closer to you like never before. And help me to expect the most fruitful season in my relationship with you as new days come. I'm looking forward to the choice wine you have prepared for me. I love you Lord. Amen!

1 comment:

burt said...

thanks pastor for sharing your journals! the message on the best is yet to come inspires me. God bless you bro'. thanks for all you do.