Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

CROWD PLEASER. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
So Pilate, anxious to please the crowd, released Barabbas to them. He ordered Jesus flogged with a lead-tipped whip, then turned him over to the Roman soldiers to crucify him. Mark 15:15

Observation:

Pilate was an insecure leader, unwilling to do the right thing if people would give him a hard time. He wanted to please the crowds above giving justice. He knew that Jesus was innocent and that the Jews were envious of Him. However, he made his decisions according to the flawed hierarchy of his values. Crowd pleasers make the worse decisions ever.

Application:
As a leader, I know the pressure that the crowd can bring to tilt decisions according to their preference. Especially in a culture where democracy is highly valued, people feel entitled to voice their opinion and manipulate leaders to do what the crowd wants. Many leaders protect their position and please the crowds. Other leaders protect their values and please their conscience. If I become insecure or if I start second-guessing what I know is right, the noise of the crowd will become louder and more important for me. Any moment that the hierarchy of my values change and places the will of the crowd above the will of God, I will certainly make decisions that I will regret bitterly. But when I make decisions, not to please crowd, but to please God, even if the decision is not highly successful, I will not live with regrets. My conscience will be clear and free from doubts.

Prayer:
Dear heavenly Father, please help me to be secure in your calling, not in a position. Help me to walk in the integrity of my heart following your voice above the noise of the crowd. Help me to make decisions that are according to your will and acceptable in my conscience. Show me when I’m tilting towards the crowd and move me back to where there is solid ground. Let your glory shine in everything I do as a leader and as a follower of Jesus. Amen!

No comments: